Top 5 Destination Wedding Planning Tips to pass onto your Brides
1. Have realistic expectations. If you cannot afford to flyur d to yoestination in advance identify everything that will be out of your control and make sure you’re ok with that! That can include a lot of things such as the location, the food, the flowers & decor items. Make sure that you find a local wedding planner who will eliminate the stress of contacting vendors (sourcing the vendors, dealing with language barriers and often times lack of responding to your e-mails can be a grueling experience), finding the right location for you, organizing your friends and family needs in terms of transfer and tour, special request for the hotel…… basically coordinating everything from A to Z for you so that you can arrive and enjoy your special destination wedding with your family and friends. Ask your travel agent to give you recommendations on local planners.
2. Prioritize. This hearkens back to point #1. Since so many elements will be out of your control, identify (ideally with your fiancé) what elements of your wedding day are the most important. That might be getting great wedding pictures, enjoying amazing food, or having a kickin’ dance party. Put your time and energy into the things you care about most.
3. It’s all in details. Just because you’re traveling a long way doesn’t mean you can’t put your personal touch on things. Of course use as many local resources as you can (integrate the beauty of a destination wedding into your special day… sand, seashells, the vegetations). But pack an extra bag to bring items that are special to you (for example, particular papers for the menu and place cards, gift for your invitees, and custom overlays for the dinner tables) from home. You’ll likely need multiple bags J – but you’d be surprised how willing relatives are to carry them for you!
4. Sit back and relax. When it comes down to it, the heart of your wedding is the commitmentyou’re making to your partner.
While amazing flowers are heavenly and the perfect place settings so fun and the ideal temperature a dream you don’t need those things to go right, for the day to feel so right. All you need to do is ENJOY these very specials days and use the motto: nothing can go wrong when a shot of tequila is involved !
5. Stop worrying about your guests… “will they have fun, what can I organize for them so that they are entertained, oh, my god, uncle Joe is standing by the pool looking bored”. If they cannot enjoy themselves at this magical place you have picked for your wedding…. that is then their fault.